The real estate attorneys of Strauss Malk & Feder LLP have extensive experience advising clients on commercial real estate activity. Strauss Malk & Feder’s activities include negotiating, structuring, tax planning and documenting services for persons and companies engaged in commercial and multi-family real estate transactions.
Real Estate Representation
Strauss Malk & Feder LLP handles the business activity of numerous clients engaged in the business of acquiring, developing and managing multi-family residential, commercial and industrial real estate. The firm has successfully represented clients selling and acquiring multi-million dollar apartment, warehouse, factory, retail shopping center and office properties. The firm further provides negotiating and drafting services for lessors and lessees of these types of properties. Strauss Malk & Feder LLP routinely represents clients involved in 1031 tax-deferred exchanges, often aiding the clients in locating and acquiring investment properties leased to national credit tenants. A few of the projects completed by our transactional real estate law department include the following:
- Representing a privately held company and its affiliates in acquiring, merging, financing and managing multi-family residential real estate portfolios in transactions as large as $500,000,000.00. This representation includes engaging investment bankers, securitized financing, preferred equity and mezzanine debt structuring and documentation. It also includes providing all of the ancillary contracting services required by this and many other real estate clients.
- Successfully exchanging a multi million dollar manufacturing facility for a series of free standing, credit tenant leased retail facilities which lend themselves to armchair management.
- Representing numerous sellers and purchasers of commercial properties with values ranging from $500,000 to $500,000,000.00.
- Successfully selling a large tract of vacant land to a commercial developer in exchange (tax-free) for property that is armchair leased to a national credit tenant.
- Successfully representing a locally based developer who is engaged in the adaptive re-use of suburban downtowns, redeveloping them into successful lifestyle centers, thereby providing established communities with new national credit tenancy, nationally and locally operated boutiques, office space and entertainment (restaurants, etc.).
We welcome you to contact Strauss Malk & Feder LLP about our real estate law services. We are mainly based in Northbrook, Illinois, but also have offices in Lake Forest and Chicago.